Almost as new to Parrots as i am this forum :)

Greg

Jun 24, 2013
London
Parrots
Theon - Yellow Crown Amazon
Hi all!

Im 25 and live in London :)

I have just recently bought Theon, a Yellow Crowned Amazon parrot! It is the first bird i've ever owned after previously having my dog Barney for the last 10 years (Barney sadly died a couple of years ago :( ).

I will be honest i didn't fully consider the decision to buy a parrot, ive always loved animals and i met Theon in a pet shop and just completely fell in love with him. I done some basic research and decided a few days later that this was meant to be.

Theon is a Yellow Crown Amazon. I am told he is three years old by the pet shop, but it was not the breeder and they said he came from a previous family.

So here i am now about 6 weeks into owning Theon and things are great!! Hes very active, loves to be petted, sings talks (alot of songs i dont know :D) and generally seems very happy.

I am also loving having Theon around but the more i love him the more i fell i should be learning abit more and making sure im doing everything right and giving him the greatest possible life :)

I have lots of questions and things id like to ask people but will post them in the specific rooms/categories. (new to forums aswell :p)

Thanks !

Welcome to you and Theon! I enjoyed the companionship of a Yellow-crowned Amazon for 40 years. Hope you and Theon will have many happy years together.

Welcome!! Would love to see pics of Theon and his cage set up : )

Ive posted some pics of Theon in my post in the 'Amazons" thread. I will get some tomorrow of the cage setup and would love if you could give me some advice on some of the points i mentioned there also :)

Thank you :) and really sorry to hear about your Amazon, glad he had a great life with you :)

Welcome to our wonderful forum
You will soon find your way around
Many knowledgeable members always will to assist

Enjoy and have fun

Welcome to the forum. :) AND many congrats on Theon!!

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures together. :D

Welcome to the forums !
Here's a tip I found very useful and it took me a while to realize it exists.
Under the banner there's a blue bar, and one of the options written above is "Quick Links"
You'd find there alot of options, one of the most awesome ones is the ability to catch up with threads you've already paprticipated in, called 'Subscribed Threads'.
Enjoy your stay in these forums.

Most Reactions

Back