About to put together the new cage! And lots of other stuff (help ID trees in Texas)

sofiaee

Jul 19, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC Oliver (October 2009), and a Cinnamon GCC Mia (August 2013)
So I finally picked up my AE Medium Corner Aviary for $200 brand new (about 100 less than what it would be from the site). I'm going to try my hand at setting it up alone but I'll probably fail and have to wait for help, I'm just so impatient.

I was planning on having Oliver in that one and Mia in his old flight cage but now I'm wondering that if he's already attached to his cage maybe he'll be resentful to Mia for being in his old cage? Or will he get over it pretty quickly? My plan is that if I end up liking this cage I'll get a second one and have them side by side to make a half circle so they won't actually have to be placed in the corner and it will be really nice looking and each bird will have their own space.

Quarantine is over so I have gotten them out together and Oliver fights with Mia. We've gotten it to where we can have them both very relaxed near eachother but Oliver will attack if the new bird is too close. He doesn't *seem* to get jealous when I pet her.

Also regarding Mia, she's doing really well! She was really shy and bit hands that tried to get her to step up but now she loves being pet and will usually step up of her own accord just so she can get out and hangout with people. So far she seems like less of a one-two people bird than Oliver and I hope she stays that way because my family finds it annoying that Oliver doesn't immediately love them (even though they don't bother to put in the work, except my sister, she's part of his flock too).

Anndddd, I bought a bunch of supplies a long time ago to make my own wood perches. I live on like 5-6 acres of land with lots of trees that aren't treated with anything. I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to a guide to identify trees so I can figure out which trees around here are safe. I'm currently in a native plants class but sadly we haven't gotten too into trees yet and I would love to make some new perches for the new cage.

Oh oh! I also made these two toys the other day (a ladder and a hanging toy with lots of bells) + a picture of their play stand from below that I made last year? Or something like that. I never got around to wrapping it all :p

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_4273.jpg
    IMG_4273.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_8017.jpg
    IMG_8017.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 297
uhhmm haha so my cage doesn't come with instructions -.-

If you don't have their info, try this:

Daci Adjemo 2915 OGLETOWN ROAD DGV LLC Newark, Delaware 19713. Phone: 518-632-4157

They should be able to E-mail or fax directions to you.....

Good luck.....

Most Reactions

Back