A small victory!!!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
We've been discussing a lot here how our birdies don't like to eat veggies, and my GCC Parry was no exclusion. He would LOVE apples, blueberries, and some banana. He nibbles on broccoli. I tried almost every possible veggie, like sweet potatoes (cooked), spinach, fresh and boiled carrots etc… he wasn't eating those and even some other tasty fruit like mango or persimmon.
So listening to advice of some nice members here I put the veggies (boiled carrot, sweet potato, broccoli, sweet peas, and added banana, apple and persimmon) into the chopper and grind them into porridge. Then I added some millet seeds and raw oatmeal and formed little "burgers" that I served him on a plate. First he ate the seeds and oatmeal out of that stuff, but now I don't even add them anymore! He finished a large spoonful today and I had to put one more! Yay, I'm so happy! :)

That is so exciting! And I think it is a big victory, it is so hard to get them to try all of the healthy stuff we want them to have. Yay Parry!

I guess I've been lucky with Lizzy trying new things. As soon as i show any interest in any food Lizzy acts like i stole it from her and tries to steal it back. We've had to put her in her cage during our dinner time just to prevent her from jumping in our plates!

LOL, Cyrina! :D Parry wants to try everything I eat, but he actually never eats it! :( He just nibbles a bit and leaves it there. And yes, he wants to step into the plate too! LOL Today he tried my hot pasta with cheese and he gave me such a look "hey how can you eat this stinky junk"?? :D I guess it is different with every particular guy. He is very open to try things out, but it's very difficult to make him EAT them. So I guess I found some success here. :)

Any success is great success though :) I guess you'll just have to change your eating habits and cook food only Parry likes =P

That's great news! :)
Broccoli is an especially nutritious one, so that's awesome that he likes it. IME, no one I've ever had was crazy about it. Raven only likes a little sometimes.
Have you tried raw yams? Those are a big hit here.

I don't think he LIKES broccoli and other stuff, but since it's mixed with apple and banana he doesn't know it's there. :D

That's wonderful news!!!! I'm glad he's eating stuffs that's good for him! It really makes a big difference when you use a food processor to mix them all together. :)

Most Reactions

Back