mele

Jul 26, 2011
California
Parrots
Lotty- Umbrella Cockatoo,
Scarlet- Scarlet Macaw,
Paco- Lilac Amazon, Josh-blue front amazon
:greenyellow:

Last month I took in my nieces 2 parakeets. She just lost interest in them (very sad). Today my neighbor asked me to watch her kids for a half hour. No problem, I wanted to see their new puppies anyway. I was sitting in the livingroom watching them play when I noticed a very small cage outside. I asked about them and they said their just stupid parakeets and we leave them out there. I was shocked. It has been very hot outside and I was worried. I went to check them and they had no food, very little water, no toys and a dirty cage. I told the kids I realy liked them and I would love to take them home. They said ok but for 20 bucks.....done. Their mom came home and thanked me for watching the kids and taking the poor birds. After a cage cleaning and fresh food and water, they started chirping away. Tomorrow I will buy them a proper cage and new toys.

Thank you for taking in the keets! Did they have names?

NO, poor little guys :(

I'm going to work on adding a keet photo album to my profile.
They are beautiful

Thanks for taking them in, they're wonderful creatures. Would love to see some pics, I need to get my babies some more toys, they've broken most of theirs. ^^

thank you for taking them in an grrr even kids are gettin the £an$ above the poor birds welfare mentality

pics please an i bet there fab looking little birdies ;)

How wonderful of you to take them in. Parakeets are wonderful little birds!!! My keets cracks me up, they're all very silly!!!

NO FOOD??? Where is the ASPCA? :/ I hope the puppies don't end up with the same fate....

THANK YOU THANK YOU for being a kind hearted, responsible human being! They are lucky to have you as a neighbor

LoveMauiGus- I know I couldnt believe it. Im afraid for the puppies. They seemed to have lost interest in the moma dog. She use to come to my house and eat my cat food and sit in the shade. It's only a matter of time until she brings her puppies over. I might just buy puppy food now just in case :)

Here is a pic. Im going to build an inside aviary so I can keep my keets together or I might just keep these 2 separate they are young and I was able to handle them today.

I also posted pics of the rest of the flock under my profile albums.

Last edited:
So very kind of you to take the little guys in!! Thank you :) Such a shame that people do that, and shame on the mother for not teaching those kids better! My mother would have skinned me alive if I'd treated an animal that way.

I hope you enjoy the 'keets. Mine are both newer additions to the family, but they've already brought me joy when I most needed it. You can't be sad when there's a happy little bird singing up a storm :)

So sad that we live in such a disposable society and children are not being taught any responsibility ....good job taking them in

Im sorry but mommy needs her butt kicked as well as those kids . 20 $ ? are you kidding me ? I would have told them okay well if I have to pay 20$ i will be calling animal control on you and see what they have to say . Those kids are little hellions and their mother is doing a piss poor job of raising them . My mom would have skinned me alive as well . Our family does not play when it comes to taking care of animals . Yep mom needs parenting classes and those kids need some compassion in their heart .

Most Reactions

Back