Picking a new budgie

skypie739

Jan 25, 2024
Parrots
Sky
I'm looking for a new budgie to be a companion to my current one, Sky, who is around 2 years old and male. He used to have a female friend a long time ago who unfortunately passed away. I'd appreciate some advice on what gender / age will ideally get along with Sky, I'm thinking of getting a female budgie because of Sky's previous companion but I heard that male - male pairings are better and I'm worried that they'd end up mating and laying eggs lol. This may be a silly question but would it still happen if I get a female baby budgie? I also heard adult budgies will get along with baby budgies better but I don't know.

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures
I'm looking for a new budgie to be a companion to my current one, Sky, who is around 2 years old and male. He used to have a female friend a long time ago who unfortunately passed away. I'd appreciate some advice on what gender / age will ideally get along with Sky, I'm thinking of getting a female budgie because of Sky's previous companion but I heard that male - male pairings are better and I'm worried that they'd end up mating and laying eggs lol. This may be a silly question but would it still happen if I get a female baby budgie? I also heard adult budgies will get along with baby budgies better but I don't know.
If you do end up with eggs they sell dummy eggs you can put down the hard part is freezing the fertile ones. Good luck on whatever you decided.

Most Reactions

Latest posts