if it works it works

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
The last few months Lincolns screaming has been CONSTANT. Nothing would stop it. At all. Even when I was actively doing stuff with him he would scream. I developed intense migraines recently that we are still trying to get them managed but I was at my wits end with screaming. Interacting him wouldn't help, more sleep didn't help, I gave him foraging toy after foraging toy. I spent hundreds on a mix of dog, cat, and bird foraging toys. Nothing. Helped.

One day at work we got some new products in. Little bowls full of dried things. There were a few different options I ended up going with dried fruits and nuts as just a little treat. Lincoln LOVED it. No screaming at ALL for the day he had it and following day when he was finishing it up. I immediately took that as a sign and started looking into other dried fruits and veggies so I could make my own mix. It's been a hit. We are a few weeks in and his screaming levels are back to normal. I couldn't be happier. I was so distraught thinking I was going to have to rehome him. I don't know why this worked but I will take it.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Mix of dried fruits, flowers, veggies, and nuts. I accidentally put too many nuts though so I've been picking them out. He really only gets a couple nuts.
1000024072.jpg

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Here's a taste of the all day everyday screaming.

Most Reactions

Latest posts